The Rock of Gibraltar. The rock has been used for centuries as an invaluable defensive position. Its clear view of the Western entrance to the Mediterranean makes it a strategic stronghold. Built from 72-80AD, the Colosseum in Rome was the largest amphitheatre the world had ever seen. It could hold up to 80,000 spectators who came to see everything from gladiator contests to battling ships. One of the largest exhibits at the El Paso Museum of History is Bases Loaded: El Paso and Beyond. The exhibit celebrates the history of baseball from its pre-civil war origins to the modern era. While visiting the city I had the opportunity to watch the Chihuahuas take on the Las Vegas Aviators. A memorial on the banks of the Danube in Budapest, Hungary. The memorial is dedicated to the Jews who were shot on the edge of the river during the Second World War. As many as 20,000 Jews were killed; before being shot, they were ordered to take off their shoes. A small statue of Billy the Kid inside the Silver City Museum. His mother, Catherine, was buried in the town cemetery. A statue of Napoleon Bonaparte in Ajaccio, Corsica. The statue was erected to commemorate the life of revolutionary leader who was born on the island on the 15th of August 1769. A statue of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Vienna, Austria. The famous composer lived from 1756 to 1791, writing beautiful pieces such as ‘Eine kleine Nachtmusik’ and ‘Requiem’. An individual piece of ‘Die Berliner Mauer’ in Berlin, Germany. The infamous wall divided the East and the West of the city for almost thirty years. Its destruction in 1989 has been seen as a symbol, in many eyes, as the end of the Cold War. A memorial to the Royal Marine Commandos near Spean Bridge, Scotland. The memorial is in memory of those Commandos who lost their lives during the Second World War. The surrounding area of the statue was regularly used as a training ground for these expert soldiers. The Carissa Mine in South Pass City, Wyoming. This mine struck gold in 1867, but was soon to close in the 1870s. However, advances in mining technology in the early 1900s allowed for the mine to reopen, and for a second boom. The mine closed for a final time in 1949 and was acquired by the State of Wyoming in 2003, which designated it as a historic site.